Saturday, October 6, 2012

Episode#42-Effie's Savior

*Effie running to the hanging tree*

Effie-If i have to live in a world without Haymitch *voice trembling* then I won't live at all.

(gets noose and starts tying it)

Prim-No, Effie! Don't, don't! Don't hurt yourself just because of Haymitch.

Effie-I have to...I have nothing to live for any more.

Prim-*Puts her hand over Effie's* Effie, just because Haymitch doesn't want you around, doesn't mean that I don't or Katniss or Peeta or any other of our...friends don't.

Effie-Relationship problems too?

Prim-...Yeah. But I'm not killing my self over it...again. I'm still living because it would kill Katniss and so many others if I died. They keep me going.

Effie-I see your point. But...

Prim-But what?

Effie-Can we get back at Haymitch for what he did to me?

Prim-Oh, yeah. He deserves it for leaving you.
***********************A FEW HOURS LATER ********************************
Haymitch-That...was one fun party.

Elphaba-Suuureee wasss...*leans in to kiss*

Effie-Knock, knock! Ooops? Was I interrupting something? *glares*

Haymitch-Effie, not at all. Where did you come from, pray tell?

Effie-Oh, just got off the train. I just wanted to collect you for our yearly meeting at the Capitol.

Haymitch-Babe, you know I don't go to those.

Effie-Don't call me babe! You and your...friend...will have to postpone...whatever this is for another time!

Haymitch-Are you jealous, babe?

Effie-Of course not.

Haymitch-But your upset? *smiles*

Effie-Of course.

Haymitch-And why?

Effie-I was...simply under the impression that you and I...

Haymitch-Were together?

Effie-Well, yes! Come on, get on the train!

Haymitch-And what? Listen to President Snow drone on and on? No thanks. There's nothing I need to know-

Effie-It's the Quarter Quell, Haymitch. They are bringing in old tributes. There are only two male tributes in District 12.

Haymitch-*pales* I...

Effie-But there is an unlimited amount so Peeta may keep you company.

Haymitch-I have to go back into the games...with KATNISS?

Effie-Yes. A rather fitting punishment, don't you think? Your punishment for mistreating me.

Haymitch-MY PUNISHMENT IS MY DEATH?

Effie-When you say it that way, it sounds so cruel. Not my idea, Haymitch. See you at the capitol. *Leaves*

Haymitch-I'M GONNA KILL HER

Elphaba-Haymitch, don't. Revenge can work in both ways.

Haymitch-Heh...revenge. *smiles*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment