Monday, August 13, 2012

Episode#25-The Hanging Tree

Finnick-Prim!! Prim?? Primrose Everdeen!! Effie, where is this damn Hanging Tree?

Effie-How should I know? Don't shoot the messenger.

Finnick-Just...get outta here Effie. *she leaves* Primrose!! Prim-

Prim-*she is leaned up against the tree, twirling a piece of rope. She has been crying.* Are you...are you...coming to the tree? Where the strung up a man...they say murdered three? Strange things did happen here...no stranger would it be...if we met up at miiddddddnnnnniiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttt-

Finnick-Primrose?

Prim-...Finnick.

Finnick-Can we talk?

Prim-You lied to me. You told me you loved me! You've got another girl in District 4 and how many others in the Capitol? Huh? How were you planning to hurt me? Do you know how close I came to sleeping with you tonight? Very. You lied, Finnick. And I fell victim. Mr. Odair, you can just...

Finnick-Say it.

Prim-Go to Hell.

Finnick-...Fine. If that's what you want, hand me the rope.

Prim-...Wha-what?

Finnick-Miss Everdeen, I would do and will do anything for you. Even if that means it's the end of me.

Prim-...F-Finnick! Put the rope down!! Stop!! Stop!!

Finnick-Is that what you want? Say it.

Prim-Finnick Odair, if you kill yourself, I will never forgive you.

Finnick-That's not good enough *puts head through noose*

Prim-Please, Finnick...Don't....*sigh* FINNICK ODAIR, I ORDER YOU NOT TO KILL YOURSELF!!

Finnick-...That's my girl. *she runs to hug him*

Prim-*crying* You were gonna do it...weren't you?

Finnick-Miss Everdeen, your wish is my command.

Prim-Do you still love me?

Finnick-If you still have even an ounce of doubt, I really will kill myself, and write your name in my blood. I swear it.

Prim-...I still love you. Even if there is an Annie waiting for you.

Finnick-...Who told you about her?

Prim-...He told me not to tell.

Finnick-Prim!

Prim-I don't wanna...I guess if we do this love thing, there's no secrets, huh? ...It was Gale.

Finnick-...Rotten son of a-

Prim-Finnick!

Finnick-Sorry.

Prim-...Is she pretty?

Finnick-...Yeah, beautiful. But Primrose, I chose to be here, in 12, when I could be in my hometown with her.

Prim-...I have to believe you, but I do have my doubts.

Finnick-I won't hurt you.

Prim-...Not intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment